ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server—FAQKB Solution ID: KB3349|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP) – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP)?
ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP) provides protection for sensitive company data and assets stored in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 databases. ESHP provides real-time protection of the entire server and also the file system, including:
- On-access and On-demand antivirus protection for Microsoft SharePoint
- Resident / host server antimalware protection
- Advanced rule-based filtering
- Automatic exclusions
- ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue
- ESET LiveGrid® technology
- Remotely manageable via ESET® Remote Administrator 5.1.x or later
- What are the system requirements for ESHP?
Supported Microsoft SharePoint versions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2011
- SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 (32- and 64-bit) – all editions unless otherwise noted
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 (64-bit)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (64-bit) – all editions unless otherwise noted
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (64-bit) – all editions unless otherwise noted
- How do I download and install ESHP?
- How is ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server licensed?
ESHP is licensed two different ways depending on how you (the user) license and use Microsoft SharePoint Server:
- Internal (intranet or extranet)
Per Microsoft, if you are using Microsoft SharePoint as an internal-facing server (intranet or extranet in figure 1-1), there will be a set number of named users who access your SharePoint database. In this arrangement Microsoft SharePoint is licensed to you by Client Access License (CAL) on a per-user basis. ESHP is licensed from ESET by CAL to reflect the number of known users for your database when an internal configuration is used.
- External (Internet)
Per Microsoft, if you are using Microsoft SharePoint as an external-facing server (Internet in figure 1-1), and have licensed Microsoft SharePoint on an unlimited user basis, CALs are not required. ESHP is licensed from ESET based on server count when an external configuration is used.
- Internal (intranet or extranet)
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Can ESHP be managed using ESET Remote Administrator?
ESHP can be managed by ESET Remote Administrator, though it is not completely supported by ERA. For detailed information on how to manage ESHP using ESET Remote Administrator, see this Knowledgebase article.
- How does Database Content Filtering work?
ESHP provides database content filtering that uses rules to determine what content can be uploaded to or downloaded from your Microsoft SharePoint database. Rules can be set up by filename, file size and real-file type.
- Where is ESHP installed on a typical SharePoint farm?
If a company's SharePoint farm consists of more than one server, ESHP should be installed on all web servers that run the Microsoft IIS component.
- What is the On-access filter and how does this differ from Real-time file system protection?
Only items that are handled by the SharePoint VSAPI will be scanned by the On-access filter, whereas Real-time file system protection scans for malicious code at the moment any file is opened, created or run on your computer.
- How does ESHP integrate with Microsoft SharePoint?
During installation, you will be prompted to enter the administrator credentials for your Microsoft SharePoint server.
- What are the Known Issues?
- Do I need a license (.lic) file for ESHP?
Yes. After purchasing ESHP, you should have received an email from ESET containing your ESET-issued Username and Password, as well as a license (.lic) file for ESHP and one that will allow you to manage ESHP via ESET Remote Administrator. During the installation of ESHP, you will be prompted to add your ESHP license file.