How do I use the ESET ZbotZRcleaner tool to remove a Spy.zbot infection?
I. Download and run the ESETZbotZRCleaner tool
- Download the ESETZbotZRCleaner tool and save the file to your Desktop.
- Once your download finishes, double-click the tool to run it.
- If prompted, click Yes at the User Account Control prompt.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to clean your system.
- Once the cleaner is finished running, restart your computer and then run a computer scan using the instructions from Part II.
II. Perform a computer scan
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Computer Scan → Custom scan... and select In-depth scan from the Scan profile drop-down menu.
- Select the check box next to Computer and click Scan. The scan will remove any remnants of the malware still left on your system.
Windows XP users: Select the check box next to My Computer and then click Scan.