I cannot see my ESET Linux product after installation on Ubuntu 11.10
If you successfully installed your ESET product on Ubuntu 11.10 but cannot see it in your system tray, you need to whitelist your ESET product. To do so, follow the instructions in part 1, and then choose whether you want to resolve the issue using the Console (Method 1) or the Terminal (Method 2).
- Download & install dconf-tools
Click here to install dconf-tools, or download dconf-tools from the software center.
- Method 1: Console
- Press ALT + F2 and enter dconf-editor and confirm by ENTER.
- Navigate to Desktop → Unity → Panel.
- Add 'esets_gui' (including the apostrophes, separated by an underscore) to the systray-whitelist list.
- Method 2: Terminal
- To add your ESET product to the systray-whitelist, enter the following command replacing the 'currently_whitelisted_items' string with the output from instructions B, step 1 (above) of these instructions.
~$ gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['currently_whitelisted_items', 'esets_gui']"