Resolve "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notifications
- The "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notification below indicates ESET has detected and blocked an intrusion attempt—it does not indicate your system is infected.
I. Update your Windows ESET home product and run a Computer scan
- Verify Virus Signature Database Updates are downloading properly (these will include ESET Personal firewall module updates whenever they are available):
- Run a Computer scan.
- If ESET detects an infection, follow the steps in the Knowledgebase article below. Otherwise, continue to Part II.
II. Disable intrusion detection notifications
If your system is not infected, and you want to disable Detected Port Scanning Attack notifications, follow the steps below:
- Open your Windows ESET product.
- Press the F5 key to open Advanced Setup.
- Expand Personal firewall, next to IDS and advanced options click Edit.
- Deselect the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK to save your changes. To re-enable these notifications, repeat steps 1-3 above, then select the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK.