How do I resolve "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notifications?KB Solution ID: KB2951|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
- "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notification (see Figure 1-1)
I. Update ESET Smart Security and run a Computer scan
- Ensure that Virus Signature Database Updates are downloading properly (these will include ESET Personal firewall module updates whenever they are available):
- Run a Computer scan using ESET Smart Security to make sure that your system is not infected:
- If ESET does detect an infection, follow the steps in the Knowledgebase article below. Otherwise, continue to Part II.
II. Disable intrusion detection notifications
If your system is not infected, and you want to disable Detected Port Scanning Attack notifications, follow the steps below:
- In the main program window, press the F5 key on your keyboard to access Advanced setup.
- Expand Network → Personal firewall and click IDS and advanced options.
- Deselect the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK to save your changes. To re-enable these notifications, repeat steps 1-2 above, then select the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK.
Click the image to view larger in new window