Will ESET Mobile Security for Android work on my Tablet device?KB Solution ID: KB2929 |Last Revised: September 9, 2014
- Some features, options and devices are not supported on all tablet devices
ESET Mobile Security for Android includes some (calling-based) features that are only available on Android smartphones. Though ESET does provide support for tablet devices such as the Kindle Fire, the following limitations apply:
- The installation of apps from unknown sources must be allowed to install ESET mobile security on the Kindle Fire and some other tablet devices. View instructions to enable installation of Apps from unknown sources
- For devices with only Wi-Fi (no additional internet connectivity) the functionality of ESET Mobile Security for Android is limited to scanning only.
- Anti-Theft and SMS & Call Filter features are only supported on Kindle devices with cellular plans.
- ESET does not provide support for rooted Android devices.
- Tablets without a data plan will not be able to use SMS Commands (no phone number associated with the tablet). If you forget your password, you will not be able to use the trusted friends option to unlock your device.
- Call Interceptor is not supported (no calling on tablets).
- Find my Device is not supported on tablets without GPS.
- Anti-theft actions and notifications from my.eset.com are delayed on Kindle devices (for example, after marking a device as missing).
Solution: No further action is required by you. The action from my.eset.com will occur on the Kindle device after a delay that is typically under 20 minutes.
- On Kindle HDX devices (3rd Gen), selecting the option “Unknown sources” using the ESET Security Audit feature will redirect to an incorrect location in the device settings.
Solution: You can manually access the correct location by going to Settings Applications.
- The latest version of ESET Mobile Security for Android does not support Kindle Fire (1st Gen).