I receive an error when activating ESET Mobile Security for Android
- Error code when activating ESET Mobile Security for Android
Most of the error messages mentioned below are caused by incorrect entry of your license details. When entering your ESET-issued Username and Password, please keep the following in mind:
- If you are using version 3.5 of ESET Mobile Security for Android, you must enter a License Key. Do not enter a username or password.
- The username and password are case sensitive and the hyphen in the username is necessary
- The password is ten characters long and all lowercase
- If you are copying and pasting, make sure you don't select an extra blank space
- We do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead)
- A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
- If you forgot or lost your username and password, visit our lost license page.
This error occurs if there is a problem with your phone's internet connectivity. When activating, be sure that your phone connects directly to the internet and not through a proxy server that requires additional authentication. This error can also occur on Android tablets. Tablet users who attempt to activate with no 3G connection and receive this error may be using a tablet / Android version that is not compatible with ESET Mobile Security for Android.
This error occasionally occurs when attempting to contact ESET license servers. Please try to activate later.
You will receive this error message when you enter an invalid Username or Password during activation.
This error occurs when you have more than one active license and it is not clear which one should be activated. We recommend you to contact ESET Customer Care.
This error occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- You entered an Activation key but there is no Username and Password associated with the existing license
- You did not enter any Activation key and your personal data (first name, last name, company, email)
- Email address was entered in incorrect format. The most common cause is a dot before the @ sign (name.@domain.com) or two dots before the top-level domain (name@domain..com)
You entered invalid Username and Password.
This error occurs very occasionally when processing the activation request. Please try to activate later.
This error occurs when you try to activate ESET Mobile Security for Android using an Activation key, but do not include the hyphens (for example, 1234-5768-9012-3456-7890 should be entered with the hyphens included). If you receive this error, tap Retry and enter your Activation Key again, this time with the hyphens included (click to view a screenshot).
You will see this error if you attempt to activate using a license that has exceeded its allowed number of activations.
Activating this product requires a valid license. If you want to add to your current license, or purchase additional licenses, contact your local distributor or reseller. North American customers, contact our Sales department directly at 866-343-3738, option 2 (Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., PST)
- Once you have a valid Activation key or Username and Password, refer to the following Knowledgebase article for step-by-step instructions on activating ESET Mobile Security for Android:
The license key entered is invalid. (20515001)
You will see this error if you attempt to activate ESET Mobile Security for Android version 3.5 using a username and password. You must only enter a License Key. (for example, 1234-5768-9012-3456-7890)