How do I exclude my TP-Link router from protocol filtering in my Windows ESET product? (5.x)
In some cases, customers using TP-Link routers with ESET Smart Security 5 or ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 installed may receive an error message when attempting to access the web interface for their router (see Figure 1-1).
You will need to exclude your router's IP address (or range of IP addresses) from ESET protocol filtering in order to resolve this issue. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to access the Advanced setup window.
- In the Advanced setup tree to the left, expand Web and email → Protocol filtering and click Excluded IP addresses.
- Click Add IPv4 address.
- In the Remote IP address window, enter the IP address you wish to exclude into the Address field and click OK when you are finished.
Click the image to view larger in a new window
- Click OK in the Advanced setup window to save your changes.