Set up a Parental control role for a user account in ESET Smart Security
Parental control allows users to set up roles for each user account with access to their computer. A role can be configured to allow or restrict access to certain web content depending on the age and profile of the user account. This article contains instructions on how to set up a role for the first time.
- Set up Windows user accounts for each person accessing the computer. Without completing this important step, Parental control is ineffective in shielding children from inappropriate web content. For information on setting up Windows user accounts, click the appropriate link below:
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Setup → Security tools.
- Click the slider bar next to Parental control to enable the feature, and then click the arrow next to Parental control.
- Under the Microsoft Windows user account you want to protect, click Protect this account.
- In the Age drop-down menu, select the appropriate age for the user account and click Enable. (Parental control settings vary depending on the age selected for each user account.)