ESET Cybersecurity for Mac (4.x) FAQKB Solution ID: KB2551|Last Revised: July 29, 2015
- What is ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is a security solution for Mac Home Users. It brings the protection of ESET NOD32 Antivirus that Windows users have trusted in and depended on: the smart proactive detection and the small footprint of our ThreatSense® technology. ESET Cybersecurity protects you and your network from emerging and cross-platform (i.e. Windows, Linux, Mac) threats without system slowdowns. Advanced heuristic technology recognizes and removes new threats.
- Mac OS X is a very secure operating system. Why do I need an antivirus product for it?
Home users and Business users that share files and/or email between Mac and other platforms such as Windows or Linux can potentially spread threats without knowing or being affected themselves.
- Is there an ESET Smart Security for Mac?
No, ESET Smart Security for Mac does not currently exist.
- Is there a Mac ESET security product for business users?
Yes, ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X is available. Visit the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X FAQ for information on the business edition.
- When was ESET Cybersecurity for Mac released?
The latest version of ESET Cybersecurity (Home Edition) for Mac was released December 16, 2010. Please visit the ESET Cybersecurity Product Page for more information.
- What languages are available for Mac Home Edition?
The latest version is available in English, French, French-Canadian, Spanish and several others. You will select your preferred language from the drop-down menu of available languages at the time of download.
- Where can I purchase and download ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
The home product will be available for purchase at http://www.eset.com/store and can be downloaded at www.eset.com/download/home/detail/family/29/?trl=ec. You can also contact your local distributor or reseller to purchase the product.
- Is there a trial version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
Yes, you can try ESET Cybersecurity for Mac free for 30 days. Visit the Mac Trial Download page for more information.
- What are the system requirements?
Operating Systems: Macs running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7 and Mountain Lion 10.8 with an Intel Processor are supported.
Disk-Space (download): 43 MB.
Minimum system memory requirements: 512 MB. Apple recommends Snow Leopard 1 GB and Lion 2 GB.
Recommended system memory: Snow Leopard 2 GB, Lion 3 GB.
- How do I update my ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
Your product will update automatically after installation. If you did not set up your username and password during installation click here for illustrated steps on how to do so.
For free product upgrades to the latest version available, see the following ESET Knowledgebase article: Do I have the latest version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
- How do I scan my Mac with ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
The Real-time scanner built into ESET Cybersecurity for Mac protects you as you use your Mac. It will also scan your computer upon system start up. You can also create a scheduled scan to run at different time intervals or run an On-demand computer scan.
- I am using dual-boot software such as Mac Boot Camp, do I need separate licenses for my Mac operating system and for my Windows operating system?
Yes, you will need to purchase ESET Cybersecurity for Mac and an ESET security product for Windows.
- Is there an ESET security product for the iPhone/iPad?
No, an ESET security product for the iPhone/iPad does not currently exist. However, to download the ESET Threat Center app, visit the Apple iTunes Store.