ERA Server functionality issues after reinstalling ESET Remote Administrator 2.x to version 4.0.122KB Solution ID: KB2481|Last Revised: June 11, 2015
After upgrading ESET Remote Administrator from version 2.x to version 4.0.122 one or more of the following functionalities may be limited:
- editing and adding notifications
- editing, adding, merging policies
- receiving logs from EMA
You can confirm the presence of any the listed errors by performing a check with the ERA Maintenance Tool (part of the ESET Remote Administrator Server installation) as follows:
- Click Start > All Programs > ESET > ESET Remote Administrator Server > ESET Remote Administrator Maintenance Tool.
- In the initial window of the tool click Next and then click the More information button. Look at the value next to the IDGenerator entry. Values of 2 or 7 indicate an error, while values of 13 or 15 are standard.
In case you see one of the error values you will need to use a custom repair script. You can run the script directly from ERA Maintenance Tool. There are two scripts available, depending on the database type used:
- fix_era_dbgenerator_msacc.dmp (Microsoft Access)
- fix_era_dbgenerator_sqldb.dmp (SQL databases (Oracle,SQL Server,MySQL))
- Run the ERA Maintenance Tool (see step 1. above) on a computer with ERA Server.
- Click Next twice, choose Stop ERA server from the Maintenance Task selection and select Next > Start.
- Select the Database restore (to an external dump file) task and press Next.
- Make sure that the correct Database type is set in the relevant pull-down menu and that the UNC path is set correctly in the Database location field. Click Next.
- Enter the path to the restore file into the Restore from file field or click the icon on the right and use the browser tool to navigate to the file:
fix_era_dbgenerator_msacc.dmp (Microsoft Access)
fix_era_dbgenerator_sqldb.dmp (other database types)
- Select the Allow import from a different type of database option and click Next.
- Click Start to run the task.
- A window prompt will inform you, that you are about to modify/delete the database. Confirm by clicking Yes.
- Start ERA Server.