My Username, Password or License Key is not working
Complete the items on the checklist below to troubleshoot this issue:
Use only the Username/Password/License Key generated for you and sent to the email address you provided while registering/purchasing a license. For example:
- Username: EAV-12345678
- Password: abcde12345
- License Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Copy and paste your Username and Password, or License Key (depending on product version) into the activation screen and be sure not to select an extra blank space
If you cannot copy and paste, type your Username and Password, or License Key, EXACTLY as they are written:
- The Username and Password are case sensitive
- The hyphens in the Username and License Key are necessary
- The Password is ten characters long
- The License Key is sixteen characters long
- The Password uses all lowercase characters
- The letter L is not used in passwords (use the number one (1) )
A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
If your Username and Password, or License Key still do not work:
Clear the update cache in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Click to view instructions.
- Your license might have expired. Click here for instructions on how to renew your license.
- If you do not know the expiration date of your license, visit the Lost License page to have this information emailed to you.
- If you never received an email from ESET containing your Username, Password, and License Key, visit the following Knowledgebase article: I never received the license email containing my Username, Password, and License Key
- If you recently renewed your license, wait 24 hours before downloading new ESET product versions or upgrading from ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Smart Security
- Make sure you downloaded the correct product for your license (check your receipt or license email from ESET)
- Make sure you are downloading the right ESET product build for your computer