How can I install a preconfigured installation package locally instead of a push install? (5.x)KB Solution ID: KB2227 |Last Revised: July 7, 2015
- Network issues, such as DNS conflicts, require you to install a package locally on a client workstation instead of using a push installation
II. Export the installation package:
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Remote Administrator Console.
- Click the Remote Install tab → Actions → Manage Packages.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Select the name of the package you created in part I from the Name drop-down menu and then click Save As.
- Type a name for the installer file into the File name field, select ESET Install Msi File With Configuration (*.msi) from the Type drop-down menu and then click Save.
- When prompted, click OK. The installer file will now be available in your selected save location. Proceed to part III.
III. Deploy the installation package locally on the target client workstation:
- Copy the .msi file that you exported in part II onto the client workstation on which you would like to install it.
- Double-click the file to execute the installation. We recommend that you perform a silent install with a suppressed restart (see the switch used in the example below) if you do not want to be prompted during the installation. For example:
"C:\Documents and Settings\eset\Desktop\eset_endpoint_security.msi" /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"