Configuration support module 1277.5 for ESET Remote Administrator
ESET Customer Advisory 2016-0004
April 22, 2016
Configuration support module 1277.5 has been released for ESET Remote Administrator 6 pre-release users on April 19, 2016. Should no issues be found, the module will be released for all ESET Remote Administrator 6 users in the following weeks.
Update: A minor fix was introduced in version 1277.6 which was released for pre-release users on April 25, 2016 and for all ESET Remote Administrator 6 users on May 4, 2016.
- Possibility to import from file to lists in ESET Remote Administrator policy editor
- Support for new settings in ESET Endpoint Security / Antivirus 6.4 for Windows
- Support for new settings in ESET Endpoint Security / Antivirus 6.2 for OS X
- Support for new ESET Mail Security 6 for IBM Domino
- Support for new ESET Security 6 for Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Other bug-fixes and improvements
Policy/Configuration of ESLC product displays error (will be fixed by Configuration support module release on regular update servers)
(Fixed in version 1277.6)
- Some settings may be displayed as untranslated (will be fixed by new Translator module release)
- Apply policy with new settings to old ERA 6.1 components can cause that policy will not be applied (workaround: update all ERA components to the newest available version (6.3) or replace component Configuration support module manually)
- Apply policy with new settings to old EES for Mac 6.0 products can cause that policy will not be applied (will be fixed in future Configuration support module for EES for Mac update, workaround: update EES for Mac to the newest version)
- ERA Web Console requires logout and login after Configuration support module update on ERA server
- Personal firewall Zones lists is not displayed in exported configuration (will be fixed by Configuration support module release on regular update servers)
- Import functionality is not functional when ERA Server is running on 64bit Linux OS including ERA Virtual Appliance (will be fixed in next release of ERA Server for Linux and ERA Virtual Appliance)
In case you have a testing environment, we would like to ask you to switch it to pre-release updates (both ESET Remote Administrator Server and the Agents) and let us know of any issues via standard support channels. Thank you in advance.
Version 1.1 (May 9, 2016): Module released for all ERA6 users
Version 1.0 (April 22, 2016): Initial version of this document